Guidelines, Logic, and Choices - Not Rules
Music theory is a valuable tool that can enhance anyone’s awareness, understanding, and ability. We know that we should learn it but often find it difficult to know where to start, and once we do, it becomes difficult finding the motivation to continue.
The problem is this: music theory is often taught in a way that is complicated, confusing, and not fun. Learning it can feel like a chore. Because of this, it often pushes the student away. Well, it doesn’t have to be like that at all.
Victor Wooten, Anthony Wellington, Bob Franceschini, and other qualified instructors aim to provide useful information that is both simple to understand and enjoyable to learn. The goal is to help each student gain a complete understanding of all the information given. The instructors will go fast/slow and as far as the students will allow (and maybe a little further.) Jam sessions will provide opportunities for the students to put the current lessons to use.
Did you know:
- An easy way to learn key signatures only requires that you can add up to 7
- Standard music theory rarely deals with anything other than notes
- Modes can be applied to anything, not just notes
- Reading music can be learned in only a few hours
- A melody can be formed from any rhythm (and vice versa)
- You can play any instrument if you focus on the proper things
- You already know more music theory than you think
This class is perfect for players, teachers, and dedicated listeners regardless of your playing level or previous theory knowledge.
Take Advantage of this Special Offer!
Musicians who are accepted for Theory Weekend have first priority (and will be accepted on a “first-come, first-served” basis) when registering for Spirit of Music.
Students also receive a $100 Discount if you Register for both Programs!
Attending these two consecutive programs will make for a broader experience. To take advantage of this exciting opportunity and claim your spaces in these different but equally remarkable programs, register today!